St. Benedict’s Hospital
• “St. Benedict’s Community Hospital” short history
• Plaque reading, “Hospital Site Donated by Judge and Mrs. Joseph Riedner”
• News articles on the hospital
• Copy of Matt’s senior thesis, Soil and Water Conservation in Pepin County, Wisconsin: A Lasting Legacy of the New Deal
• Marriage certificate for Ole Sande and Lorene Rindstrom, 1948
• CD copy of Doug Wozniak performing songs about the river, including, “The Ballad of Phil Scheckel”
• Copy of news article, “Life Sketch of Captain Phil Scheckel,” 1910
• Copy of news article interview with Joe Schlumpf, where he recalls Phil Scheckel, including a race his boat lost against “The Good Luck”
• Copies of journal entries by the Rayburn family as they traveled downriver on the Phil Scheckel, 1898
• Copy of Don Rahman’s book on Scheckel
• News bit on Scheckel from 2010 that includes information that he built several steamships
• Various news articles
• Copy of handwritten account of the last log raft of Knapp, Stout & Co. in 1901, which included a stop at Scheckel’s Landing
• Copy of teacher’s 2nd grade certificate for Bessie Hill, 1902
• Book sleeve for One-Room Rural Country Schools, by Marliss Pittman
• Copy of photo of Duscham School, Town of Albany, 1935
• Copy of photo of Miss Black’s class at Averill School, with pupils’ names
• School register from the 1860s
• List of county school, probably from the 1800s
• Copy of photo of Big Arkansaw School
• Pepin County School Directory, 1936/37
• Names of Winners In Spelling Contests, 1928-1933
• Cover for One-Room Rural Country Schools, by Marliss Eileen Jean Pittman
• Teacher’s Complete Record register, Town of Albany, District 1,various teachers 1897-1901
• Correspondence from Marie Gehring regarding the arrest of her great grandmother at Big Coulee School in 1882 for “willfully and maliciously interrupting, molesting and disturbing a public school while in session.”
• Copy of Courier article about the incident.
• Loan paper for the school districts of Frankfort, Waterville and Maiden Rock, with stamps ranging from 1916 through 1930.
Schulberg, Pete M.D.
• Copy of Schulberg’s obituary
• Copy of bio of Schulberg from Ancestry.com
Scott, Arthur J.
• Account of the Fifth Air Force’s 49th Fighter Group and their actions in the Pacific, including Dick Bong.
• Transcript of the manuscript.
Sea Wing Disaster
• Copy of “Unlocking the Mysteries of the Sea Wing”, by Fred Johnson.
• Brief bio of Fred Johnson
• Copy of excerpts of Johnson’s book, The Sea Wing Disaster.
• Columns newsletter previewing Johnson’s talk in Durand, 2014.
Seeburger Collection – Doughty/Cooke Family Genealogy
• Note from Nancy Seeburger providing some information on Henry Doughty and Mabel Knight Dickey.
• Copy of black and white family photo of 50th anniversary for Henry Doughty and Christiana Cooke Doughty and family.
• List of direct descendants of William Hilton.
• Family group sheet for Henry Doughty.
• “The Life of Thomas Seldon” about the murder of Thomas’ wife, Mary, in 1898.
• Funeral pamphlet from Victor’s service, 1973.
• C-W article with photo of Victor after confiscating stolen guns, 1960.
• “True Story About Sheriff Victor Seline,” a 1957 account of a young man arrested by Seline for gasoline theft, who claims Seline hit him in front of the jail.
• Unfinished manuscript about the Selines and the history of the state statute that limited sheriffs to non-consecutive terms.
Senior Citizens – Pepin County
• Informational card on the Pepin County Sentio Council, date unknown.
• News photo of the grand opening of the senior citizens center, 1979.
• One-page history of the Senior Citizens Club., 1973.
• Ad for the sesquicentennial.
• News photos of participants in the celebration.
• Articles from Hidden Treasures on the centennial.
• Assorted promotional materials.
• Sesquicentennial calendar.
• Entries and winners from the sesquicentennial essay contest.
• Copies of news articles by and about Shaver, a newspaper editor and clerk of board supervisors for the county.
• Shober family tree
• Copies of photos of the Shober family
Schulberg, Pete M.D.
• Copy of obituary.
• Brief history of Schulberg and his career.
• Family tree information.
• “The History of the Silver Sabres Drum and Bugle Corps”
• Assorted news articles and photos of the Sabres
• Original photo of the Sabres, 1960.
• 1957 care tag for sabre from N.S. Meyer Inc., NY
• 1963 roster of Sabres
• List of members pictured in 2009 reunion photos.
• Brief historical manuscript on the Sabres.
• Assorted articles on the 2009 reunion of former members.
• Record book
• Copy of an ad for White Mountain, a downhill ski area several miles south of Durand
• Copy of news article and photos of White Mountain.
• Photo of Lamoine Batson, “First American-born skier to place on the Olympic Ski Team. 1924 and 1928. Born in Eau Claire.”
Slabey, Richard and Vera
• Vera’s obituary, July 2017.
• Photos of Vera and Richard in a church.
• Copy of poem written by Vera for the first service at Faith Lutheran Church in Durand, 1965.
• Energy from our Elders by Vera Slabey
• Nursing Home Candids by Vera
• Vera’s letter of resignation as director of the museum, March, 2004.
• 1985/1986 article on the museum, featuring Richard.
• Copy of news clip on Richard and his Ben Franklin store.
• Copies of several letters to the editor by Richard and Vera.
• Copy of certificate of nomination for “Women of Distinction” award.
• News photo of Richard during his campaign for school board, 1963?
• News photo of Paul and Matthew Slabey, 2003.
• News article and photo of Vera and Richard donating defibrillator to DHS, 2004.
• Photos of Vera and Richard as grand marshals of Funfest.
• Music involvement information from Vera.
Smith, David A.
• Copy of certificate from Bureau of Pensions for Smith, who served in the Civil Wa
• Copy of membership certificate for Grand Army of Republic, 1864.
• Copies several deeds
• Family photo
• Handwritten note from Barbara and Delores Smith on David Smith’s family tree
• Copy of news article about Smith’s life upon his death, 1933.
• Patent for unknown invention.
Springer, Dr. Joseph
• Copy of doctor’s bill, 1962.
• 1992 letter from Springer about the Doughty family. His mother was a Doughty.
• Save Outdoor Sculpture Questionnaire
• Today Is History column on the Civil War statue, 1995.
• Letter to the Editor from Virgil Biederman about playing football on the Courthouse lawn and a friend running into the statue in 1943.
• “Steamboat Days on the Chippewa River,” presumably written by Pat Ulwelling.
• Copies of excerpts from unknown book describing steamboats on the Chippewa.
• News articles related to steamboats on the Chippewa, including the last steamboat to pass through on the river and a replica steamboat built by a Menomonie man.
• Promotional materials for 2001 steamboat extravaganza the Mississippi.
• Copy of 1914 article from the Arlington Sun (South Dakota) newspaper on the construction of the last boat built by Joseph Gazeley, the Phil Scheckel.
• Copies of photos of the Phil Scheckel.
• Copy of photo of the Champion.
• Copies of photo of the Delta Queen steamboat on the Mississippi, 2001.
• CD with “Steamboat” song by Doug Wozniak.
• “Steamboats Part of Chippewa Valley History,” which focuses on Phil Scheckel
• Phil Scheckel Memorial in Pepin with the anchor from his boat
• Copy of news article/photo of Scheckel
• Stockholm Institute historical society newsletters
• News articles and photos on the history and art community of Stockholm
• Brochures and promotional materials for the village
• Stockholm Art Fair posters and materials
• “From Megaron to the Mississippi: Evolution of the Porch” written report
• GOP Primary Election, Sept. 1942 votes tally
• Copy of photo of Stockholm Public School, early 1900s; Stockholm Jail; first store in Stockholm; Anton Peterson’s Furniture-Hardware Store
• Stockholm State Graded School graduation books, 1915
• Copy of poem, “Stockholm”
Stokes Olivier Hotel
• Genealogy report on Stokes family
• Copy of photo of the hotel
• Genealogical information on the Storey family of Pepin County, late 19th/early 20 centuries
• “70th Anniversary of the Armistice Day Blizzard of 1940” by Katherine Goodman
• 1940 article on the blizzard
• “Nightmare on the Mississippi: A Written Personal Account by Dale H. Engler, 1963”
• “Fishing with a Pin” and “A Walk in the Woods,” poems and short stories by Ellen and Ann Swift.
• Other poems/short stories by unknown authors.
• “The Bud of Genius” by Emma Britton (Swift?) and Vina Reed.
• “The Holidays in Durand,” a story about Christmas.
• Warranty deed for Edward Swift and Joseph Martin and wife Susan.