The Courtroom on the second floor recalls the feeling of a hundred years ago better than any other room in the building. It was used continuously for 110 years for community activities, teachers’ symposia, and, of course, as the center of justice. Jury trials were held here from 1874 until 1984.
The upstairs courtroom recalls the feeling of a hundred years ago better than any other room in the building. The room is near original to how it would have been used for over 100 years.
Community Gathering Place
While also serving as the center of justice for Pepin County the courthouse and more specifically the courtroom held educational trainings, community activities, and became a gathering place for residents of Pepin County.
Used Today for Educational Purposes
Today the courtroom is still used as a gathering place for Pepin County residents and hosts mock trials and other educational events for students of all ages from around the Chippewa Valley.